"Baxter's Back!" is the first episode and series premiere of the Disney Channel series Raven's Home. It aired on July 21, 2017. It was written by Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas and directed by Eric Dean Seaton.
Booker enlists Levi and Tess to help him convince Nia of his newfound abilities to see into the future, because she isn’t believing anything. Meanwhile, Raven’s latest vision involves a family disagreement that leads her to meddle in her kids’ life at school.
- Filming was wrapped on May 30, 2017.
- This episode is available to watch on YouTube before the premiere date.
- Miley Cyrus said in a interview that she'll be watching the premiere.
- It's revealed that Booker and Nia don't know about Raven's psychic abilities (she doesn't want them to know). It also turns out that Booker has inherited Raven's abilities, but ultimately not to tell her.
- Originally, Nia was the one to have inherited Raven's psychic abilities, but it was switched to Booker for some reason.
- Raven not wanting the kids to know about her psychic abilities is similar to the time when Victor didn't want his mom to know about Raven's powers after what happened when they told her Grandma Viv was psychic.
- Chelsea's ex-husband (Levi's dad) is in jail.
- According to what Booker tells Tess, both of his and Nia's grandmothers are still alive--this was after Tess suggested that Booker try contacting the ghost of their dead grandmother to convince Nia that he's psychic.
- Although it's never actually said, the school that Booker, Nia, Levi and Tess attend appears to be a K-8 school, as Tess and the twins are middle school students (presumably 6th-graders) while Levi's mentioned to be in the 4th-grade (making him at least two years younger than Tess and the twins).
- “Booker: So I'm telling you, Levi, the day I mastered the slam dunk was one of the best of my life.
Levi: You can dunk?
Nia: He can, he gets right under the ramp, plants his feet, and Dad lifts him up so he can drop the ball right through the hoop... it's adorable!
Tess: Yo, what up, kids? What up, Kid-Lite?
Nia: Hey, Tess.
Levi: Why do you call me "Kid-Lite"?
Tess: 'Cause you're a kid, and you're light, and I can't remember your name.
Booker: Tess, you've seen me dunk, right?
Tess: Yeah... donughts!”
- ―Booker, Levi, Tess, and Nia to each other
- “Booker: Would you look at that? I finally beat you to the bathroom! This must burn, Nia, this must burn bad!
Nia: Well, would you look at that? Levi's first. This must burn, Booker, this must burn bad!
Booker: It's all good, Levi can be here. We're like brothers. I use the bathroom in front of him all the time!
Levi: Which I've repeatedly told you I'm not comfortable with.”
- ―Booker, Nia, and Levi