The barracuda is seen in the beginning of the film as it looks at Marlin and Coral. Coral sees her eggs and rushes to protect them. The moment she moves, the barracuda attacks. Marlin tries to help Coral, but the barracuda tries to eat him then after a few dodges, knocks Marlin unconscious in his anemone with his tail and eats Coral and all her eggs, except one (which presumably fell out of its mouth while eating them all) that later becomes Nemo.
- In the original storyboard of the movie, there was going to be a scene where Coral and the eggs were seen inside the barracuda's mouth, but it was later cut from the final film because it would have scared little kids watching the movie.
- The barracuda can be heard roaring as it attacks Marlin and Coral. In a similar vein to Glut the Shark from The Little Mermaid, this may have been done merely for dramatic purposes.
- In real life, barracudas do not eat clownfish (or any other kind of fish) eggs.
- In the 3-D re-release, when the barracuda closes its teeth, its bottom lip is shown.
- The barracuda‘s attack damaged Nemo’s egg which is why Nemo was born with a very small right fin, which they call his "lucky fin".
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|