"Back in Gimmelshtump", sung by Heinz Doofenshmirtz, takes place after Doofenshmirtz explains his scheme to Perry the Platypus in "Rollercoaster: The Musical!".
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz: I know you're probably expecting some tragic backstory to explain why I want to reverse the rotation of the Earth. But I'm not gonna go there, ya know why?...well, I'll tell ya!
- Back in Gimmelshtump!
- I always had to keep it real
- Cause when you grow up in Gimmelshtump
- Young Heinz: Your childhood is less than ideal!
- Heinz: So I don't plan on how I'll crawl my way out of a gutter
- No I don't!
- When people ask me what I mean, I say
- Di-Di-Di-Do I stutter!
- Heinz: But I'm no longer a hater
- Cause I got an Inator
- And a over-complicated scheme
- I get a couple of checks
- Every month from my Ex
- So I can finance my coming regime!
- And though my past was a wreck
- I won't let it affect
- My aspirations to cause mass hysteria
- Cause I'm as sure as can be
- That it's my destiny
- To be the ruler of the Tri-State Area!
- In a similar theme to History of Rock, more than one genre of music was heard.
- It is unknown how Young Heinz knew he was going to sing this song and say "Your childhood is less than ideal".
- Balloony and Norm can be seen in the background.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz calls Charlene Doofenshmirtz his ex-wife again ("Hail Doofania!", "Thaddeus and Thor", and "Finding Mary McGuffin").
- The Background Dancer says she's "picking up my kid from school", while this episode takes place in summer (although this could mean summer school).
- The background dancers Doofenshmirtz is seen singing in front of constantly change between parts, including the same dancers from "Hey Ferb".
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz is wearing a WWI era German helmet, the pickelhaub.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz's hat's stripe color is red, but in his early songs, it is colored green, except in Charmed Life, where it is colored purple.
- This song proves that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is from a country like Germany.
- In the album version of the song, the line "Your childhood is less than ideal!" is sung differently in a higher pitch, probably to make clear that was the young Heinz. (In the Spanish version also changed but less high pitched)
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz has removed his turtleneck and lab coat ("Are You My Mummy?").
- This is Doofenshmirtz's last musical performance in Season 2. His next one wasn't for 14 episodes, until With a Dart in the season 3 episode "Bad Hair Day".
- Doofenshmirtz has a big belly, which means he still hasn't lost those ten pounds. ("Fireside Girl Jamboree")
- The tune of the second part of the song is similar to Impress My Professor.
- His backup dancers haven't seemed to change much but how he pays them enough is unknown.
- The background of a part on the rock part shows Balloony.
- This is the second song of Dr. Doofenshmirtz that starts with the word "back", the first was Impress My Professor in "Oil on Candace".
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|