Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As the Bell Rings (a play on the soap opera As the World Turns) is a Disney Channel short show based on the Disney Channel Italy series Quelli dell'intervallo. The format is a selection of short live-action comedy sequences. The American version of As the Bell Rings also airs on the Dutch Disney Channel. It is unknown if the show will have a third season, or if it will ever air again.
The United States version features roles by actors Tony Oller, Seth Ginsberg, Carlson Young, Gabriela Rodriguez, Collin Cole, Demi Lovato (who appeared only in season 1), and Lindsey Black (who joined the series in season 2). The first season with 15 episodes began airing on August 26, 2007 at 8:25 and 8:55 p.m. (ET/PT), 7:25 and 7:55 p.m. (CT).
This is not the first five minute scripted show on American television. Ruthie on the Telephone, a five-minute comedy show, aired on CBS in 1949.
This show uses a laugh track, and is not filmed with a live studio audience.
- Demi Lovato as Charlotte Adams (Season 1) - Charlotte was the main female character in the first season. In Ladder Dudes, Danny asks Charlotte out and she happily agrees. Their feelings for each other are constantly shown, although they will never admit it to each other. Charlotte moves away at the end of season one, due to Lovato filming Camp Rock and starring in her original Disney Channel series Sonny with a Chance. It's rumored that she and Lexi are cousins due to the fact that they share the last name "Adams," but it's never confirmed if they are in fact related (if they are, their dads are most likely brothers).
- Lindsey Black as Alexandra "Lexi" Adams (Season 2) - Lexi was the main female character in the two season. When she and Danny finally met in the first episode of Season 2, it's revealed that they actually already know each other--they were next-door neighbors ten years previously, but Lexi had to move away because her family had a job transfer. After Charlotte moved away, Danny's friends tell him to move on and meet the "new girl," Lexi, who gets along with Danny's friends. Although Lexi and Danny are good friends, they're also very competitive with each other--although Lexi beats Danny at most things (mostly sports-related things). Lexi is also always trying to tell Danny that she likes him by giving him hints such as pretending to be his girlfriend, writing a poem about him, and saying that they make a great team. Danny doesn't get the hints and always calls her "buddy". However, he has mentioned having a crush on her since the 2nd grade. There's a fan theory that Lexi and Charlotte are cousins, due to the fact that they share the same last name, but the more likely theory is that they aren't related and simply happen to have to have the same last name ("Adams" is a rather common surname).
- Tony Oller as Daniel "Danny" Neilson (Season 1–2) - Danny's the lead male character. He and Charlotte had a very shy, romantic relationship, as he is often crushing on Charlotte and getting her help. He is the most normal out of the three boys and is best friends with Skipper and Toejam. His talents include singing and songwriting. In Season 2, after Charlotte moves away and his friends tell him to move on and meet the "new girl," who turns out to be Lexi, a former next door neighbor of his ten years earlier. Over the course of Season 2, Danny gets over his feelings for Charlotte and develops feelings for Lexi, who, in one Season 2-episode, Danny's revealed to have had a crush on since they were in 2nd-grade.
- Seth Ginsberg as Kirk "Toejam" Jimenez (Season 1–2) - "Toejam" is the other of Danny's best friends. An episode in Season 2 reveals that "Toejam's" first name is Kirk. There is a lot of romance between Toejam and Brooke, but usually only after Tiffany intervenes, because they're both quite shy. In one episode, though, Toejam steps in on his own when Brooke is being made fun of by the school bully. Also, in another episode, Toejam and Brooke have a "study date" planned and is shy to admit it's a date. When she changes her image and tries to cancel the date, Toejam attempts change his image to fit in with Brooke's new image, proving that he likes her, but the plan backfires when Brooke goes back to her old self.
- Collin Cole as Skipper Adamson (2007–09) (Season 1–2) - Skipper Adamson is one of Danny Neilson's weird best friends. He is also best friends with Toejam. He likes to call himself the "Funny Kid With The Curly Hair" (As seen in his rap). He has a huge crush on the most popular girl in school, Tiffany Blake, and when he gets nervous he starts saying "Uh Uh Uh" until he gets a chance to run away. In one episode he pretends to be his fake uncle, Uncle Kipper, who is a janitor. At the end it turns out that Uncle Kipper is real and that he is a janitor. In another episode Skipper starts to like Lexi and when Toejam told Tiffany she chained her self to Skippers locker while Skipper chains himself to Lexi's locker. But in an ironic twist they are both told by Toejam "You do realize that's not her/his locker?", while they are chained two lockers away from each other. Then Toejam says "I'll get the jaws of life".
- Gabriela Rodriguez as Brooke Nichols (Season 1–2) - Brooke is the smartest main character out of the seven that have appeared on the show. In the first episode of season 2, it is portrayed that Lexi is just as smart as her. She often disagrees with Tiffany as Tiffany is possibly the most flaky girl in school. Her talent is dancing and being funny. She is best friends with Charlotte, Tiffany and later with Lexi. She also has a crush on Toejam. She is usually called a nerd and a geek by the school bully, until Toejam sticks up for her, proving that he likes her and wants what's best for her. Unfortunately, Brooke and Toejam will not confess their feelings to one another
- Carlson Young as Tiffany Blake (Season 1–2) - Tiffany is known as the stereotypical "dumb-blonde" and the most popular girl in school. She grew up with Brooke and Charlotte and they're very good friends. Sometimes she comes up with good ideas without knowing it. Tiffany's secret admirer is Skipper.
These are songs which appeared in the show:
- Shadow (By Demi Lovato and Tony Oller)
- Could You Be The One By Tony Oller
- Here I Go By Tony Oller
- All You Gotta Do By Tony Oller
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at As the Bell Rings (U.S.). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|