- “Real heroes. Not actual size.”
Ant-Man and the Wasp is the sequel to the Marvel Studios film Ant-Man, and was released on July 6, 2018. It is the twentieth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well as the eighth film in Phase Three.
This is the last MCU film released in Stan Lee's lifetime before his eventual death.
In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang, aka Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) is left facing the consequences of his actions as both a superhero and a father. When he's confronted by Hope van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) and Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) with an urgent new mission, Scott must once again put on his Ant-Man suit and learn to fight alongside the Wasp. As the team works together, they'll uncover secrets from their past.
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp
- Michael Peña as Luis
- Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch
- Bobby Cannavale as Jim Paxton
- Judy Greer as Maggie Lang
- Tip "T.I." Harris as Dave
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt
- Hannah John-Kamen as Ava Starr / Ghost
- Abby Ryder Fortson as Cassie Lang
- Randall Park as Jimmy Woo
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne
- Laurence Fishburne as Bill Foster
- Michael Douglas as Dr. Hank Pym
- Michael Cerveris as Elihas Starr
On October 8, 2015, it was announced that Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly would return as Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne, respectively, for Ant-Man and the Wasp, which will be released on July 6, 2018. It led to the shifting of release dates of other Marvel Studios productions, with Black Panther shifting up to February 16, 2018 and Captain Marvel shifting down to March 8, 2019.
On June 7, 2017, Hannah John-Kamen from Netflix's Black Mirror joined the cast. The character she would be playing was later revealed at the San Diego Comic-Con on July 22, 2017, as Ghost. Other casting announcements were revealed, with Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster, Randall Park as Agent Jimmy Woo and Janet van Dyne, Hank's wife and the original Wasp, to be portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer.