Animated StoryBook: Pocahontas is a PC video game released on December 1, 1995.
Follow the story of Disney's Pocahontas through the Pocahontas Animated Storybook. Pocahontas, along with her friends Flit the hummingbird and Meeko the Raccoon help avert a war between the settler and the Native American Indians. Pocahontas befriends the explorer John Smith and teaches him the great love her people have for the land.
But the settlers are afraid of the Indians, and soon, both sides have nearly come to blows. Pocahontas' great courage in shielding John Smith from execution by her father and then John Smith's throwing himself in front of the bullet meant for Powhatan, contrive to bring a sort of peace between the settlers and the Native Americans that lasts for many years.
The story is narrated by Grandmother Willow and includes four games players can play, either as part of the story, or separately.
- Read and interact in an animated storybook featuring characters from the movie Disney's Pocahontas
- Explore 16 story screens featuring hundreds of clickable objects
- Teaches reading, vocabulary, and concentration skills
- Irene Bedard as Pocahontas
- Corey Burton as John Smith
- Jim Cummings as Chief Powhatan and Kekata
- David Ogden Steirs as Governor Ratcliffe and Wiggins
- James Apaumut Fall as Kocoum
- Linda Hunt as Grandmother Willow
- Frank Welker as Percy, Meeko, and Flit