Angry Birds Star Wars II is a puzzle video game, a crossover between Star Wars and the Angry Birds series, that was released on September 18, 2013. The game is the seventh Angry Birds game developed by Rovio Entertainment. The game is a sequel to Angry Birds Star Wars and is based on the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
You earn up to three stars for each level, the same as other Angry Birds games. Players can play as either on the Bird Side, as the birds to defeat the pigs, or can play as on the Pork Side, as the pigs to defeat the birds. The game features over 30 playable characters. The game differs from the other Angry Birds games because you can summon a specific bird/pig instead of the pre-determined selection. This summoning can be done to replace each bird/pig.
The game is compatible with Hasbro Telepods technology, which is similar to Skylanders, allowing the player to summon a specific bird/pig into the game via its QR code; this summon is once per level, but you can use multiple Telepod summons per level. Each Telepod can be used on up to 15 separate devices and one must rescan the Telepod to get access to the particular bird/pig if the game is fully closed.
As of November 2013, Hasbro has sold over 1 million Angry Birds Star Wars II Telepods.
The player can purchase Birds or Pigs via Bird Coins or get a bundle through achievement rewards that have the use of a certain bird or pig during gameplay.
Each episode has a set of levels for the Bird Side and Pork Side.
|1. Naboo Invasion||B1-1 to B2-20/P1-1 to P2-20||September 18, 2013|
|2. Escape to Tatooine||B2-1 to B2-20/P2-1 to P2-20||September 18, 2013|
|3. Battle of Naboo||B3-1 to B3-20/P3-1 to P3-20||December 5, 2013|
|4. Rise of the Clones||B4-1 to B4-20/P4-1 to P4-20||May 14, 2014|
|5. Revenge of the Pork||B5-1 to B5-16/P5-1 to P5-16||December 4, 2014|
|Rebels||BE-1 to BE-16/PE-1 to PE-16||October 1, 2014|
|Reward Chapter*||BR-1 to BR-23/PR-1 to PR-21||September 18, 2013|
- The Reward levels are unlocked as each character reaches its specific points accumulated achievement and then that character’s level is unlocked.
The game was scheduled to be released on September 19, 2013 but was released on September 18. A PC and Mac Version of the game was confirmed and the Windows PC version was released on October 24. The Mac Version currently has no release date.
The game has received generally favorable reviews with a Metacritic score of 77/100 based on 23 reviews. While the game continues the gameplay of its predecessor with fun new ideas, some reviewers have noted that the increase in the number of playable characters makes the game unbalanced. Some of the characters, such as Darth Vader, are so powerful that they can easily complete a level in one use.
- ↑ "Angry Birds Star Wars 2 Out Now! - Facebook".. Rovio Entertainment].
- ↑ "More Angry Birds Star Wars On The Way".. The International House of Mojo.
- ↑ The Verge. "'Angry Birds Star Wars II' will follow the prequel trilogy and feature physical toys".. The Verge.
- ↑ "Review: Angry Birds Go! Toys Extend Telepod's Form and Function".. Forbes.
- ↑ "Angry Birds Star Wars II Review".. The Guardian.
- ↑ "Angry Birds Star Wars II".. Metacritic.
- ↑ Jenkins, David. "Angry Birds Star Wars II review – Forced sequel | Metro News".. Metro.co.uk.
- Official website on rovio.com
- Angry Birds Star Wars II on Wookieepedia: a Star Wars wiki
- Angry Birds Blog on Tumblr