Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Angry Birds Star Wars is a puzzle video game, a crossover between the Star Wars franchise and the Angry Birds series of video games, launched on November 8, 2012, first for Windows, iOS and Android devices, later also to Mac and BlackBerry. The game is the fifth Angry Birds game in the series. The characters are copyrighted from George Lucas' double-trilogy. On July 18, 2013, Rovio announced that Angry Birds Star Wars will be heading for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS on October 29, 2013 in conjunction with Activision. As of August 2013, the game has been downloaded over 100 million times on its various platforms. The game is a launch title for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The game combines elements of both Angry Birds and Angry Birds Space, featuring levels that take place on both standard terrain and in outer space. The game begins on Tatooine, Luke Skywalker's home planet, moves to the Death Star, travels to Hoth, and with an in-app purchase (or earning 3-stars on Tatooine/Death Star) goes to Dagobah, and ends up in Cloud City. With the exclusion of Blue Bird, all the Birds are given new powers not yet seen before in a canon Angry Birds title, some of these that are upgraded as the game progresses further. You can play previously completed levels with the upgraded abilities.
Differences from other games is that Birds may still perform their chosen abilities a split second after colliding with an object. The Millennium Falcon is used instead of the "Mighty Eagle" found in previous games. When a certain number of stars are earned, the player gets a reward. It can be either 5 Millennium Falcons (an item that may be used during normal levels to try to earn badges) or access to a Golden Droid level. There are additional bonus levels if you manage to hit golden droids in selected levels. On June 13, 2013 power-ups were added.
|Level pack||Levels||Release date|
|1. Tatooine||1-1 to 1-40||November 8, 2012|
|2. Death Star||2-1 to 2-40||November 8, 2012|
|3. Hoth||3-1 to 3-40||November 29, 2012|
|4. Cloud City||4-1 to 4-40||March 28, 2013|
|5. Moon of Endor||5-1 to 5-30||September 12, 2013|
|6. Death Star 2||6-1 to 6-30||December 16, 2013|
|B. Boba Fett Missions||B-1 to B-10||March 28, 2013|
|J. Path of the Jedi||J-1 to J-40||November 8, 2012|
|Golden Droid||S-1 to S-12/D-1 to D-11||November 8, 2012|
The game has received favorable reviews with a Metacritic score of 88/100 based on 22 reviews. Mark Brown of Pocket Gamer gave the title a Gold Award, praising the game for being "faithful to the source material" and "filled with content". Justin Davis of IGN says it is a great game with Star Wars references and Force powers, and has a huge variety of perfectly-tuned stages.
- ↑ By Sid. "Meet the Angry Birds Star Wars Characters".. AngryBirdsNest.
- ↑ The Verge (2013-07-18). "'Angry Birds Star Wars' coming to every gaming console known to man October 29th".. The Verge.
- ↑ Stuart Dredge. "Angry Birds Star Wars II to launch for iOS, Android and Windows Phone".. theguardian.com.
- ↑ "Facebook Angry Birds Photo Announcement".. Facebook.com.
- ↑ The Verge (2013-07-15). "'Angry Birds Star Wars II' will follow the prequel trilogy and feature physical toys".. The Verge.
- ↑ "FAQ - Angry Birds Star Wars on Facebook".. Rovio.
- ↑ Robert Nelson (December 17, 2013). "Angry Birds Star Wars reaches "explosive conclusion"".. AndroidCommunity.com.
- ↑ "Angry Birds Star Wars for iPhone/iPad Reviews".. Metacritic.
- ↑ Mark Brown (2012-11-08). "Angry Birds Star Wars Review"..
- ↑ Justin Davis 7 Nov 2012 (2012-11-07). "Angry Birds Star Wars Review".. IGN.
- ↑ "Angry Birds - Google+ - Agree or disagree? And why?".. Plus.google.com.
- ↑ "Angry Birds Star Wars for PC"..
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Angry Birds Star Wars. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|