The official synopsis reads: "Disney's Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day follows the exploits of 11-year-old Alexander as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life - a day that begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by one calamity after another. But when he tells his upbeat family about the misadventures of his disastrous day, he finds little sympathy and begins to wonder if bad things only happen to him. He soon learns that he's not alone when his mother, father, brothers, and sister all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Anyone who says there is no such thing as a bad day just hasn't had one."
- Ed Oxenbould as Alexander Cooper, the protagonist
- Steve Carell as Ben Cooper, Alexander's father
- Jennifer Garner as Kelly Cooper, Alexander's mother
- Dylan Minnette as Anthony Cooper, Alexander's older brother
- Kerris Dorsey as Emily Cooper, Alexander's older sister
- Elise and Zoey Vargas as Trevor Cooper, Alexander's younger baby brother
- Bella Thorne as Celia Rodriguez, Anthony's girlfriend and the main antagonist
- Joel Johnstone as Logan
- Megan Mullally as Nina
- Sidney Fullmer as Becky Gibson, Alexander's crush
- Jennifer Coolidge as Ms. Suggs, the driving instructor
- Dick Van Dyke as Himself
- Mekai Curtis as Paul, Alexander's best friend
- Lincoln Melcher as Phillip Parker, Alexander's rival
In 2011, it was reported that 20th Century Fox had plans to make a live action film adaptation of the book. Written by Lisa Cholodenko and Rob Lieber, the film was set to be directed by Cholodenko, and produced by Shawn Levy with Dan Levine for Levy's 21 Laps, and Lisa Henson with Jason Lust for The Jim Henson Company. Steve Carell has joined in April 2012, to star as Ben, Alexander's father. In October 2012, Walt Disney Pictures has picked up the project, reportedly due to Fox being "uncomfortable with the budget." In February 2013, Deadline reported that Cholodenko has left the project, and a month later, that Miguel Arteta was in talks with Disney to replace Cholodenko. In April 2013, Jennifer Garner was in talks to play Kelly, Alexander's mother. In June 2013, The Walt Disney Studios set the release date for October 10, 2014, and confirmed that Carell and Garner will play Alexander's parents. The same month, Disney casted Ed Oxenbould as Alexander. In July 2013, Shake It Up star Bella Thorne was cast in the film as Celia, Anthony's girlfriend. Joel Johnstone, Megan Mullally, and Jennifer Coolidge joined the cast a month later.
Principal photography and production began in August 2013. The film was entirely shot in the Los Angeles area, including the cities of Pasadena and Arcadia, the San Fernando Valley, and Melody Ranch in Newhall.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (film). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|