"Alex Tells the World" is the eightieth episode overall and the first episode of the fourth season in Wizards of Waverly Place.
The Russos and Mason finally make it back home, but their wizard powers are still gone. While the family wants to stay quiet, Alex believes that they should take action, so she reveals that they are wizards to reporters and tells them that a group of wizards are being held captive by the government. As she urges them to spread the word, Professor Crumbs appears and tells her that everything that had happened was a test that she failed miserably and orders her to Wizard Court for exposing wizardry to the world. Justin is also ordered to attend because he exposed magic to Agent Lamwood, who was a creation from Professor Crumbs' mind. The judges rule Alex and Justin guilty, and Professor Crumbs sentences them both to be demoted to level one in the Family Wizard Competition, making them behind Max by two levels. Meanwhile, Max sets up traps in the Sub Station for the "government", but ends up falling for one of them.
- Edgebono Utoosis – Duplicates an object or person.
- Crystal replay ball – Replays footage of whatever is requested by the user
- Clinton Jackson as reporter, Matt Kaminsky as Mr. Loser
- Ian Abercrombie as Professor Crumbs
Special Guest Star
- Gregg Sulkin as Mason
- Starting with this episode, the opening sequence has been changed to feature a new crystal ball sequence. This episode also features the remixed version of theme song for the season.