Aladdin is a stage musical based on the 1992 film of the same name. It made its world premiere at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre from July 7-July 31, 2011. After successful runs in Utah and St. Louis, the show made its Broadway debut with previews begining February 26th, 2014 at the New Amsterdam Theatre with the official opening night on March 20th of that same year which followed a tryout during the holiday season in Toronto. The show won a Tony for James Monroe Iglehart as the Genie as the Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical.
Even though a stage version of "Aladdin" was already playing at Disney's California Adventure park, and on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship, a full-length version had been going in and out of development for quite some time. In November 2010, Alan Menken confirmed that a musical adaptation was officially in the works. Disney Theatrical Productions finally confirmed that a full length stage musical of "Aladdin" will premiere in Seattle at The 5th Avenue Theatre in July 2011. The show features most of the songs by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman that were cut from the film as well as the songs in film by Menken and Tim Rice, along with new songs by Menken and librettist Chad Beguelin. Jonathan Freeman who was the voice for Jafar in the film was later announced that he would recreate his performance on stage. He is currently reprising his role in the Broadway production. 
Original casts of notable productions.
| Original 2011|
|Adam Jacobs||Courtney Reed||James Monroe Iglehart||Jonathan Freeman||Seán G. Griffin||Don Darryl Rivera||Andrew Keenan-Bolger||Brandon O'Neill||Brian Gonzales|
| Original 2013-14|
|Adam Jacobs||Courtney Reed||James Monroe Iglehart||Jonathan Freeman||Clifton Davis||Don Darryl Rivera||Jonathan Schwartz||Brandon O'Neill||Brian Gonzales|
Many of these songs were deleted songs from the 1992 film that were restored for the musical. Others were written especially for it. The genres are a mix of both Broadway-style songs and adult contemporary ballads, in accordance to the two song-writing teams that worked on the show.
Note that the Arabian Night Reprises do not match up with how they are listed in the Music Behind the Magic disc set. Every reprise deleted from the film was restored here besides Reprise 3, which takes place while Aladdin is in jail. It was replaced with a fourth-wall breaker regarding the intermission.
- "Overture" – Orchestra
- "Arabian Nights" – Genie & Company
- "One Jump Ahead" – Aladdin, Crowd
- "Proud Of Your Boy" – Aladdin
- "These Palace Walls" – Jasmine
- "Babkak, Omar, Aladdin, Kassim" – Babkak, Omar, Aladdin, & Kassim
- "A Million Miles Away" – Aladdin & Jasmine
- "Diamond in the Rough" – Jafar, Iago, & Aladdin
- "Friend Like Me" – Genie, Company
- "Act I Finale (Friend Like Me (Reprise)/Proud of Your Boy (Reprise))" – Genie, Aladdin
- "Entr'acte" – Orchestra
- "Prince Ali" – Genie, Babkak, Omar, Kassim, Company
- "A Whole New World" – Aladdin & Jasmine
- "High Adventure" – Babkak, Omar, & Kassim
- "Somebody's Got Your Back" – Aladdin, Genie, Babkak, Omar, & Kassim
- "Proud of Your Boy (Reprise II)" – Aladdin
- "Prince Ali (Reprise)" – Jafar, Sultan, Company
- "Finale Ultimo (Arabian Nights (Reprise)/A Whole New World (Reprise))" – Company
- The Spanish production has original songs created only for the musical.
- Jonathan Freeman is the first actor to recreate his role from a Disney film in a stage adaptation.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Aladdin (2011 musical). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|