|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Disney or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Aladdin is an upcoming American live-action film and remake of the 1992 animated film of the same name, based on the story of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp from The Book of One Thousand and One Nights.
- Mena Massoud as Aladdin
- Naomi Scott as Jasmine
- Will Smith as Genie
- Marwan Kenzari as Jafar
- Navid Negahban as The Sultan
- Nasim Pedrad as Dalia
- Billy Magnussen as Prince Anders
- Numan Acar as Hakim
On October 10, 2016, Deadline.com reported that Disney was developing a live-action remake of Aladdin with Guy Ritchie in talks to direct the film. John August is writing the script that will reportedly retain the musical elements of the original film while Dan Lin is attached as producer.
Production on the film was slated to begin in July of 2017. However, on July 11, 2017, it was reported that production on the film would be delayed to August, due to difficulties in finding suitable actors and actresses to portray the leads, Aladdin and Jasmine. Both actors are required to sing, dance, and be of either Middle Eastern or Indian descent. It has also been stated that the studio would prefer newcomers and unknown talents for the two lead roles. Around 2,000 auditions for Aladdin and Jasmine have taken place in London, Egypt, Abu Dhabi, and India, and despite the global search, Disney has not been satisfied with the results. The same report claims that actor Will Smith is "locked" to voice the Genie, while Disney is looking to cast a "big name actor" for the role of Jafar.
At the 2017 D23 Expo, the main cast was announced, including the confirmation of Will Smith as Genie, Mena Massaud as Aladdin, and Naomi Scott as Jasmine.
- This will be the eleventh Disney remake.
- Production officially ended on January 25, 2018
- The voice of the Cave of Wonders as depicted in the first teaser trailer is archived dialogue of Frank Welker from the original animation.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT LIVE-ACTION ALADDIN SO FAR". Oh My Disney. (September 6, 2017)
- ↑ "Star Wars: Episode IX Moves To Dec. 2019, Disney’s Christopher Robin Project Opens Next August". Deadline. (September 12, 2017)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 "‘Aladdin’: Disney Casts Will Smith, Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott". EW. (July 15, 2017)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Disney's Live-Action 'Aladdin' Finds Its Jafar (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. (August 4, 2017)
- ↑ Fleming Jr., Mike (October 10, 2016). "Guy Ritchie To Direct Live Action 'Aladdin' For Disney". Deadline.com Retrieved on October 10, 2016.
- ↑ "Disney’s Live-Action ‘Aladdin’ Won’t Be ‘Prince of Persia’, Says Producer; Promises Diverse Cast". Collider.com (February 8, 2017) Retrieved on February 8, 2017.
- ↑ Guy Ritchie’s Live Action ‘Aladdin’ Specifically Seeking ‘Middle Eastern’ Actors|IndieWire
- ↑ "Will Smith in talks to play Genie in live-action Aladdin". theguardian.com (April 19, 2017) Retrieved on April 19, 2017.
- ↑ Guardian
- ↑ "The New Jafar In The Live-Action "Aladdin" Is Making People Real Thirsty". https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/the-new-jafar-marwan-kenzari-is-hot-a-whole-new-world-indeed?utm_term=.ydZ8GQv6ao#.is3jeDM5gv+(August 4, 2017) Retrieved on August 4, 2017.
- ↑ 
- ↑ "Filming On Disney's Live-Action ALADDIN to Get Underway This August!". broadwayworld.com (June 13, 2017) Retrieved on June 13, 2017.
- ↑ "Disney's live-action Aladdin wraps production". EW. (25 January, 2018)