Ajabu is nice and friendly but is also shy having been hunted by leopards. He has the tendency of hiding from unfamiliar animals. He really wants to live a peaceful life without trouble.
- Animal Camouflaging: Like all okapis, Ajabu is able to blend in his surroundings.
- Animal Stealth: Ajabu is a great hider as he was able to hide very quickly from the Lion Guard, although he did failed to hide from his main predator Makucha the leopard.
- Animal Speed: Ajabu's speed is fast enough to try to get away from Makucha.
- Animal Stamina: Ajabu's stamina is high enough for him to travel from his homeland to the Pride Lands.
Role in the Series
Beshte encounters Ajabu while hiding in some bushes he when stepped on his hoof. Beshte is surprised cause he's never seen anybody like him, and Ajabu explains that he's new in the Pride Lands.
Ajabu is later pursued by a leopard named Makucha, who has followed Ajabu from his old home and refuses to stop his hunt as okapis are rare. Ajabu attempts to escape Makucha through a herd of zebras but fails.
Ajabu later races past Beshte and the rest of the Lion Guard whilst being chased by Makucha. Kion, Bunga, and Fuli face off with Makucha whilst Ajabu watches on with Beshte, who then comes to his friends aid by charging at Makucha, who gives up on continuing to hunt Ajabu and leaves to search for easier prey. Following this, Ajabu thanks the Lion Guard but says that Makucha might be waiting for him at his old home.
- Ajabu is the first named okapi in the franchise.
- When Ajabu mentions there are not a lot of him and when Makucha says that okapis are rare, this is reference to okapis being endangered.
- For some reason, Ajabu does not possess any ossicones, despite being a male okapi.