Acer is one of the two tertiary antagonists in Cars 2.
Acer has always felt like an outcast in the car world. The beat-up green AMC Pacer joined forces with his fellow “lemon” cars as henchmen for the devious Professor Z, whose clandestine mission is to wreak havoc at the highly visible World Grand Prix. Acer must hunt down the American and British secret agents who have stolen crucial information about Professor Z’s underhanded plot. His primary target just happens to be Mater, who has been mistaken for a spy. Acer tries very hard to be a tough guy, but he is over eager compared to his no nonsense partner Grem.
Near the end of the film, he and Grem were beaten up by the cars from the "Ye Left Turn Inn." It is unknown what happened to them afterward.
Acer is an evil-minded car, as he is working for Professor Z in hopes of destroying the World Grand Prix and have his make model be the strongest in the world.
He can also be considered a little dumb, as he often sees light-hearted things that Grem doesn't.
- Top Speed: 99 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 16 seconds
- Engine Type: 232 c.i straight 6 with two-barrel carburetor
- Horsepower: 120
Weaponry and Gadgets
- Deployable machine guns: Acer used a machine gun in the airport very briefly, but it turns out Acer has two machine guns, one in the right, and another in the left. In the film, he uses the right machine gun in the airport escape, and the unexpected left one in London's streets to get Mater.
- Acer is modeled as a 1975 AMC Pacer car.
- His license plate is FSHBWL, a reference to "fish bowl," the nickname that was given to AMC Pacers.
- Among other inscriptions, Acer's tires read "Road Hug - Rack And Minion".
- His VIN number is A58667A372159.
- There was a costume of him on The World of Cars Online, which you could get from Ramone's House of Body Art before the game closed down.
- He is wanted in the United States, China, England, Japan, Spain and the Czech Republic.
- He is wanted for Grand Theft, Larceny, Blocking Traffic and Smog Certification.
- In the Cars 2 magazine with the 56 page Cars 2 Movie Comic, when Holley stops him and Grem from getting Lightning and Mater, they landed in a garbage truck instead of ending up in "Ye Left Turn Inn."
- Along with Grem, Professor Z, Miles Axlerod and Victor Hugo, Acer is playable in Cars 2: The Video Game (along with Gunner Acer), even though they are villains. However, it could be that they are part of the simulation.
- Acer's LEGO minifigure for some reason shows him with green eyes instead of brown eyes like in his other appearances.
- Acer's name originates from the word "Pacer," but without the "P."
- Acer: "He's getting away!"
Tony Trihull: "Not for long!"
- —Acer and Tony Trihull, when chasing Finn McMissile
- Acer: "Finn McMissile?! But you're dead!"
Finn McMissile: "Then this shouldn't hurt at all."
Acer: (covered in lather) "Aaah!"
- —Acer finds out that Finn McMissile is still alive.
- "The next time he makes a stop, instead of saying 'ka-chow', he's gonna go 'ka-boom'!"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ‘Cars 2′ Character Stats, New Tokyo Party Clip and New Still as Sophia Loren Joins International Cast
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|