A Symposium on Popular Songs is an animated Disney short that originally released to theaters by Buena Vista Distribution on December 19, 1962. It features Ludwig Von Drake lecturing on the state of popular music punctuated by a number of stop-motion musical numbers.
The songs were written by Richard and Robert Sherman, with each song represented a different era in musical history. The brothers considered this one of their favorite Disney assignments.
- "The Rutabaga Rag"
- "Charleston Charlie"
- "Although I Dropped $100,000"
- "I'm Blue for You (Boo-Boo-Boo-Boo-Boo)"
- "The Boogie-Woogie Bakery Man"
- "Puppy Love is Here to Stay"
- "Rock, Rumble and Roar"
- This marks Ludwig von Drake's only appearance in a theatrical cartoon.
Home video releases
- Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarities