"The Bronco's Buck" is a song from the Wander Over Yonder episode "The Egg". It is performed by Wander, as Sylvia tries to get the egg up the mountain while at the same time, trying to provide love for it. It is the first musical number performed by a character in the series.
We're on a quest to get Eggy to the nesty
Projectile spines, they hit more than they miss
Well, the baby has a scratch
On her shell that hasn't hatched
And a booboo just demands a kiss
And now you're shiverin' from frosty freezy ice breath
And I can tell you want to punch me in the gut
The baby's cold, sad to admit
Needs Mother Hen to sit on it
And you have got the biggest butt
After getting hit with monster spit
A bath we take
And now we soothe your Eggy-Poo
Caring for children is such fun, won't you agree?
You thought you'd kick some monster butt
Instead, you're dressed for tea!
As we approach our final destination
You have been burned and singed and smashed and struck!
It was all worth it, oh, you'll agree
'Cause finally you will see...
A lump of love will take the bronco's buck!
A lump of love will take the bronco's...
- This is the first time Wander sings.
- This is also the first time a song is performed by a character on the show instead of an offscreen singer.
- It's implied that Wander is ambidextrous, as he switches from playing his banjo from the right hand to the left at some points.
- Wander sings the line "Instead, you're dressed for tea" in a phony English accent, probably to exaggerate the use of people being proper at teatime.
- In the song's scatting portion at the end, the music's speed is slightly increased, possibly the same speed as the theme song.
- Also, the scatting portion is similar to the several scats in the theme song.
- Wander's voice in this song seems to be auto-tuned as a few echo vocals can be heard under his voice throughout much of it.
|Wander Over Yonder|
Media: Wander Over Yonder
Characters: Wander | Sylvia | Lord Hater | Commander Peepers | Watchdogs | Emperor Awesome | Fist Fighters | Binglebops | King Bingleborp | Doom Dragon | Fleeblebort | Captain Tim | Badlands Dan | Papa Doom | William Wimperson | Oink | Troll | Prince Cashmere | Glen | Lord of Illumination | Westley the Watchdog | Beeza | Sir Brad Starlight | King Drakor | Princess Demurra | Harvax | Stok | Trudi Traveler | Planet Janet | Maurice | Bob | Huckleberry Knucklehead | Queen Entozoa | Destructor | Pete | Teddy | Thrax | Little Bits | General Outrage | Wild Card | Brainz | Clipper | Ryder | Lord Dominator | Dr. Screwball Jones
Songs: Wander Over Yonder Main Title | Hot Dog Eatin' | Bronco's Buck | Mother and Child Y'all | Let's Get Awesome | Commander Peepers' Theme | Lord Hater's Theme | Do You Know the Button Song | Lord Hater's Skeleton Face Metal | My Best Buddy | What's In The Box? | Ride Sylvia Ride | Westley's Song | If You Wander Over Yonder | The Tale of Brad Starlight | It's Your Happy Birthday | Here Comes Wander Now | Take it Easy, Sylvia | Sylvia | Shake Your Deadly Venom Sac | Banjo | Hater and the Queen | Inside Your Mind | Dance Competition | A Night to Remember | The Best Buds Shake | Best Friends Forever | Positive Song | Brahms' Lullaby | Helper | Bein' Evil is Good | Hidin' and Seekin'
Locations: Bingleborp | Lord Hater's Spaceship | Doomstone | Baaaaa-halla | Phunulon | Ballzeria | Buster | Doom Arena | Planet Ziziks
Organizations/Groups: Hater Army | Insurgent Generals | Wander and Sylvia