A&E Networks is an American media company that operates several cable networks. It is a joint venture between the Hearst Corporation, and Disney-ABC Television Group, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The "A&E" stands for "Arts & Entertainment". Disney and Hearst each own a 50% stake of A&E.
In 2009, AETN acquired Lifetime Entertainment Services and folded it into the A&E media company.
A&E owns several television networks:
- FYI (formerly the Biographic Channel)
- Crime & Investigation Network
- History (formerly the History Channel)
- History en Español
- H2 (formerly History International)
- Military History
- Lifetime Television
- Lifetime Movie Network
- Lifetime Real Women
- Lifetime Real Snowmen
- ESPN Inc., a joint venture media company also owned by Disney and Hearst