- Buena Vista Games renamed Disney Interactive Studios.
- After 12 years, the last Disney/Pixar film to use the Pixar-exclusive Walt Disney Pictures logo was Ratatouille.
- February 16 - Bridge to Terebithia
- March 2 - Wild Hogs (Touchstone Pictures)
- March 30 - The 47th Disney animated feature film, Meet the Robinsons, is released.
- May 24 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- June 30 - Ratatouille, the last Disney/Pixar animated feature film to use the Pixar-exclusive Walt Disney Pictures logo.
- August 2 - Underdog is released to negative reviews.
- September 28 - The Game Plan is released to negative reviews.
- November 23 - Enchanted
- December 21 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
- June 30 - Lifted (Pixar short)
- December 21 - How to Hook Up Your Home Theater
- May 12 - My Friends Tigger & Pooh premiered on the Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney block
- August 17 - The premiere of High School Musical 2 on the Disney Channel draws a cable television record 17.2 million viewers and easily beats the top ranked show on over-the-air television, America's Got Talent on NBC. The Disney Channel Original Series Phineas and Ferb also debuts with its pilot broadcast; it would officially premiere on February 1, 2008.
- March - Peter Pan: Platinum Edition
- February 6 - Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
- June 19 - Bridge to Terabithia and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Friendship Edition
- June 26 - High School Musical: The Concert and Hannah Montana: Pop Star Profile
- July 31 - Roving Mars
- August 7 - The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Sweet Suite Victory, Cory in the House: All-Star Edition and Darkwing Duck: Volume 2
- August 21 - Little Einsteins: Rocket's Firebird Rescue and Handy Manny: Tooling Around
- August 28 - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Treat and Return to Halloweentown
- September 4 - Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams
- October 2 - The Jungle Book: Platinum Edition
- October 9 - Hannah Montana: Life's What You Make It and Johnny Kapahala: Back on Board
- October 23 - Meet the Robinsons
- November 6 - Ratatouille and Pixar Short Films Collection, Vol. 1
- November 13 - DuckTales: Volume 3 and TaleSpin: Volume 2
- November 20 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause and My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Super Sleuth Christmas Movie
- November 27 - Wish Gone Amiss
- December 4 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- December 11 - High School Musical 2, Walt Disney Treasures: Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic, Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 3, and Walt Disney Treasures: The Adventures of Oswald The Lucky Rabbit
- December 18 - Underdog, Cinderella II: Dreams Come True: Special Edition, and National Treasure: 2-Disc Collector's Edition
Theme park happenings
- January 4 - The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot is officially dedicated. The pavilion was formerly The Living Seas.
- April 2 - The Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor opens at the Magic Kingdom.
- April 6 - Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros opens at Epcot.
- June 9 - Toon Studio opens at the Walt Disney Studios Park in France.
- June 11 - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opens at Disneyland.
- June 26 - At Walt Disney Studios Park, a 14-year-old girl lost consciousness on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Paramedics attempted to revive her, but she died before the ambulance arrived.
- August 9 - Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World will be rebranded as "Disney Hollywood Studios" effective January 1, 2008.
- September 13 - The Haunted Mansion at the Magic Kingdom reopens with some new scenes and other enhancements.
- September 24 - The Main Street Haunted Hotel opens at Hong Kong Disneyland for the Halloween season.
- December 22 - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opens at the Walt Disney Studios Park.
- March 29 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (Japan, included for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+)
- High School Musical Sing It! is released as an interactive singing karaoke game.
- October - Disney Adventures publishes its final issue
- January 8 - Iwao Takamoto (animator)
- February 9 - Ian Richardson (Scottish actor)
- February 12 - Peter Ellenshaw (artist)
- February 15 - Walker Edmiston (voice actor)
- April 11 - Roscoe Lee Browne (actor and director)
- April 14 - Jim Thurman (voice actor)
- April 30 - Tom Poston (actor)
- May 7 - Fulton Burley (Irish-born Disney Legend)
- May 22 - Art Stevens (animator)
- May 25 - Charles Nelson Reilly (actor, comedian and director)
- June 4 - Ray Erlenborn (film, television and voice cctor)
- July 2 - Beverly Sills (operatic soprano)
- July 5 - David Hilberman (animator)
- July 9 - Charles Lane (character actor)
- July 13 - Lawrence Gabriel, Jr. (actor, drama teacher and occasional producer)
- July 15 - Kieron Moore (film and television actor)
- September 6 - Luciano Pavarotti (operatic tenor)
- September 10 - Jane Wyman (singer, dancer and character actress)
- October 2 - Kōichi Kitamura (Japanese voice actor)
- October 17 - Teresa Brewer (pop singer)
- October 30 - Robert Goulet (baritone singer)
- November 6 - Bruce Gordon (Imagineer)
- August 17 - Phineas Flynn, Ferb Fletcher, Perry the Platypus, Candace Flynn, Linda Flynn, Major Monogram, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Isabella Garcia-Shapiro, Ginger Hirano and Katie
- September 4 - Duke (Sleeping Beauty)
- September 28 - Jeremy Johnson, Stacy Hirano, Buford Van Stomm, Jenny Brown, Django Brown, Adyson Sweetwater, Gretchen, Holly, and Milly